Thursday, December 30, 2010

ICE! At National Harbor


This year my family got very adventurous for Christmas Eve. We are very set in our ways (My dad's will side is going for a movie on Sunday not Saturday), so I was shocked this year when we planned a trip to see ICE! at National Harbor. What is ICE? Basically thousands and thousands of pounds of ice are brought into a tent, kept at 9 degrees, and many many workers carve a wonderful winter paradise out of the ice. The end result was a retelling of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.


My whole family arrived at the tent and we were given very fashion forward blue parkas. We were trying to be cool and refuse the parkas, until we were told we needed them for the ice slide, and we quickly changed our tune. We were then led into the exhibit and walked through rooms and rooms of the Grinch ice sculptures. It really was amazing, and if you are near a Gaylord, I highly recommend you get yourself over to one of the shows. The Grinch scenes were so vivid and colorful, but my highlight had to have been the ice slide. I was thinking it would be a little kiddie thing, but you got some serious speed on that puppy. I'm very glad I went for the parka. Two cold thumbs up for the Grinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment