Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap

Wow, what a year! I hope you all are having such a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration. I'm not going to lie, I am pretty happy to see this year go. It was crazy, beautiful, stressful and oh so lovely.

The year started off in Austin, and me seeing Zach's new home for the very first time. We celebrated with his sisters and the boys, and in general I was very overwhelmed by the whole Austin experience.


In April I had one of the most eventful 3 days of the whole year. I packed up my lovely apartment in the sky, moved back to my parents house, and tried to travel to St. Louis for Paige's bachelorette party. A freak tornado through the St. Louis Airport ruined my plans though and I spent the night in Detroit instead. Major fail. That Monday I went to Georgetown Hospital and had my thyroid and parathyroid removed. Hello new scar.



July Zach and I had a great little road trip to Lexington, KY to see Jack and Paige get married. Yay!!


In August I walked into work one day and walked out 4 hours later with out a job. I officially felt what this whole recession thing was for the first time. A week later I threw my sister and future brother-in-law a kick-ass engagement party. Too bad I don't have an MBA to start a party planning company. A week after later I met Zach in Florida, in a terribly depressed mood, and left engaged!!! I know I'm biased, but it was a one of a kind proposal!



September we celebrated the future marriage and future baby of Zach's sisters. So many things to celebrate :)


In October the Rangers headed to the World Series for the second time in two years! A rare benefit of unemployment I was there to take in all the Texas games. Not wanting to miss any of the action, my nephew James came into this world on the off day to witness the last two games.


And December marked the end of over a year of long distance!!


Hopefully 2012 will bring a new job. Cross your fingers please. I am so excited to marry my best friend and witness the marriage of so many wonderful couples. I'm drinking a glass of prossecco for you all. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you! Your engagement pictures are stunning - so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete