Okay, let's get it out of the way - "What?? You seriously can't ride a bike? Seriously??" Yes my friends, I never learned how to ride a bike when I was growing up. I did the whole training wheels thing, but after a fall in the ditch I stayed away. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I had to fess up and put this on my list of life goals to accomplish.
With the sun finally shining in DC, and access to Capital Bike Share (a bike rental system where you can check bikes in and out all over the city), I told Zach it was time to get my booty on a bike! My cousin's husband was in town that day, so he (along with a bum on a bus bench, and a security guard) also got to witness my attempts. We went to a bikeshare on a secluded street by the Department of Justice, but the boys were kind of at a loss of what to do with me. After my first few attempts Zach told me, "you know this whole time I just thought you didn't want to ride a bike, I didn't realize there you physically couldn't do it." haha. Yes, darling. We worked at it for an hour, but my balance and confidence got the best of me. I was thinking, hey, I am an athletic person, I can do this ... not quickly I guess!! I was not riding a bike by the end of our session, but I am determined it will happen. I gave myself the goal of mastering the bike by the end of the summer, but my hubby is telling me his goal is within the month. No matter when it happens, I will keep you updated.
Don't worry, I am not the only one.

No comments:
Post a Comment