As many of you know by now, last Thursday I was laid off from work. How much warning did I have to expect this sudden career change? About enough time to say "Oh Sh*t!" before the mac truck t-bones you. With a new CEO hired in May, and our old CEO still on retainer, the organization was very much over budget and the Board of Directors decided to eliminate all other staff positions. I was told around 10:30 in the morning, and by 3:00 I had left the office for good, closing yet another chapter in my life this year.
Although this situation completely sucks I am trying to be positive about it. I mean, this has to be a good thing right? Completely free me off any obligations to D.C. so I can pick up and meet Zach whenever he knows where his next job will be? There has to be a bigger picture here, and I am really hoping it is a happy picture. However, I am not good at unemployment. Having no plans is simply a struggle for me. Since the beginning of the year my best friend and boyfriend moved 1,500 miles away, I moved out of my wonderfully expensive apartment and into my parents house for the first time in 9 years, I had my thyroid removed, putting me on daily medication, and now I have lost my job. Sometimes it is all just too emotionally exhausting to handle. I am ready to be living in the same town as my boyfriend again, successful and fulfilled, where our biggest worries are about where to go to dinner on Friday night. Is that too much to ask?
Hopefully in 2012 we can look back at this year and laugh, and be so proud that we survived it. 2011 ... I am so over you.
No comments:
Post a Comment