This weekend was my sister's engagement party at my parent's house. This has been in the works since they got engaged back in May, so I was really happy that the big day finally got here.
There was real good turn out with all of Janet and Mitch's family and friends. This was the first time I met all of Mitch's brothers and his family, so that was nice. My aunt, uncle and cousin came in from North Carolina, and I don't think I would have been able to get the whole house ready in time if it wasn't for them.
One of the big party projects was the "photo-booth." My cousin is crazy talented with the camera, and let's be honest, my sister can't go 5 minutes in a social function with out asking for a picture, so we wanted to do something for the party. I googled photo-booth backdrops and came across a blog site of a very talented soccer mom. She gave instructions for a very easy project ... she lied. I constructed the backdrop out of pvc pipe, joiners and a Walmart bed sheet, but getting it stable and presentable was not as easy as she made it out to be. However we made do, and it was a hit of the party.
All in all I think the party was a big success. Sunday I slept all day to recover. After this I think the shower will be a piece of cake.
Congrats Janet & Mitch!!
Helluva job by the party queen.
ReplyDelete