Zach and I are engaged!! Being in a long distance I really thought I would be expecting the time that he would eventually propose, but Zach completely surprised me. It was a wonderful night!
After a great day at Siesta Key beach, we had gotten all dressed up and ready for a night on the town. Driving to dinner Zach suggested that we go get a drink before dinner. He told me there was a beach bar at the Ritz Carlton but we had to walk there on the beach, we couldn't drive to it. Sounds great to me! Well we park and walk along the beach. Of course the weather is beautiful, and the sun is setting. As we get farther down the beach I see a couple taking pictures and in front of them are stones that spell out Marry Me. Of course, still no idea, I am thinking, Oh isn't that sweet - they just got engaged. Well we walk a little closer and I see the stones actually say Marry Me Susan. I stop in my tracks and start crying. Zach proposed, laughing as he said Susan Maureen O'Brien (I told him that was necessary in a proposal to say my full name), and I said yes :)
Turns out that were couple were photographers Zach had hired to set everything up and take pictures of the proposal. I mean, how cute is that?? They took some more of us afterwards, so hopefully we should get those soon. We called our families and then enjoyed a delicious dinner with a celebratory dessert and champagne sent down from my sister. It was a perfect day.
Unfortunately I left my camera cord in D.C. and we won't get the professional pictures back for a bit, so for now, I will leave you with this picture. Thanks for the love everyone!
Yessss! Looking at how happy you in this picture kind of makes me want to tear up too!
ReplyDeleteWAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!
ReplyDelete