I am truly a lucky girl. I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me completely, a great family that is there for me, and an amazing group of girlfriends around the country that mean the world to me. I especially realize this when shitty things like getting laid off unexpectedly happen. When I called my sister she immediately invited me over for a mani/pedi and dinner. Zach has been my rock. I sent out an email to my girlfriends explaining my situation and they immediately went to work trying to give me any leads they knew on the job front ... I am lucky.
Last night Shelby and Sam took me out for a little group therapy. We met at Aria, a great pizza place in the court yard of the Ronald Regan Building. We sat outside on the patio with some margaritas and had a great catch up session. After margaritas, and a call home to see if my mom would pick me up from the metro (God bless Gretch), Shelby and I went to the W Hotel for a drink. I have always wanted to go here, and the view from the rooftop does not disappoint. From the W's roof you can see the White House, Georgetown, the Jefferson, the Lincoln and the Washington Monument. It is amazing. I probably don't have many more months here in D.C. so I'm glad I got to see it at its finest. It was an amazing night, and I was completely spoiled by my girlfriends. Thanks girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment