Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Churchkey


Last Friday Shelby and I checked off a location on my D.C. wish list - Churchkey. I have been wanting to go for over a year now, but it not being near a metro stop probably was a major factor in never being picked for happy hour. However, Shelby and I have been in a n adventurous mood lately so we decided Churchkey it was going to be.

The bar is located on the top of its sister restaurant in D.C.'s Logan Circle neighborhood. After climbing up their stairs and sitting down on the their high booths I immediately fell in love. Churchkey is a narrow space with a long bar lined its right side and a row of high, comfy booths lining its left. Its got a hip, warehouse vibe and their claim to fame is a menu of endless beer choices. And I do love my beer.


I had a glass of this DC Brau everyone has been talking about. It was good but I really enjoyed my second glass, a pineapple beer from Colorado ... delicious. Shelby tried two other beers and we split a side of tater tots (yes, you heard me right) and mac and cheese sticks. I don't even like mac and cheese, but these were heavenly. Needless to say we both throughly enjoyed our happy hour experience. I would highly recommend this place!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you found Heaven on Earth!!! I need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you not like mac and cheese?!

    ReplyDelete