Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shock

This morning I received an email that was like a punch to the stomach. My old friend emailed a group of our friends to tell us that two weeks ago she found a lump in her breast. She immediately went to the doctor, had a biopsy, and found out that she has breast cancer. Of all women that have breast cancer, she is part of 1% are under the age of 30. I am absolutely shocked. I am just so glad that is such a smart girl, and with it that she went to the doctor right away. The cancer is aggressive and who only knows what would have happened if she waited longer. She is a fighter, and I know she will conquer this.

I took two years to get my thyroid checked out after the doctor told me something was wrong with me. There was a lot wrong going on in there, but nothing compared to this. I hope you all make sure you listen to your bodies and go to the doctor if you feel anything is wrong. I guess we are never too young to be immune from serious things like that.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment