Although we have gone through a week of 80-90 degree temperatures it is still indeed Fall. I wanted a new soup recipe to go with the season, and found this one for a slow cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Like most crock-pot meals, it was super easy to make. Just throw the ingredients in and go. This is a lighter choice to the traditional chili I always make, and Zach and I thought it was really delicious.
Ingredients:
1 lbs. chicken (I pulled the chicken out a half an hour before I was done cooking, shredded it, and placed in back in the cooker)
1 15 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes mashed
1 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce
1 medium onion chopped
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chili peppers
1 clove garlic minced
3 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 10 oz bag of frozen corn
1 can black beans drained
Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High or 3-4 hours. Throw some cheese and tortilla chips in the soup bowl before you serve. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment