|
Matt who? He is a
singer/songwriter who's most commercial hit is "Come on Get Higher."
I remember sitting on my third date with Zach and we were talking about my
upcoming trip. He asked if I had downloaded any music for the trip. Me, being
embarrassed of my serious lack of music knowledge, shyly said Matt Nathanson,
and Zach just lit up. "I have all his records!" Since then, Matt's
music has kind of been a backdrop to Zach and I falling in love. Some Mad
Hope would be playing in the car as Zach drove me home to Crystal City when
we were first dating, and Modern Love came out as we were doing long distance.
We took the CD on our Kentucky road trip to see my favorite Paige get
married. Lots of great memories.
I got to go to his
radio chat session, where he played four songs acoustic and answered questions.
He is hilarious in all of his shows, but in this intimate setting it was much
more of a comedy show. I loved it! Later, Zach and I saw his full on concert at
the Lincoln Theatre – a gorgeous venue next door to Ben’s Chili Bowl. Joshua
Radin opened up, and I was blown away. I thought I was going to take a short
nap during his set, but he was very lively. Matt’s set was lively, hilarious,
and wonderful. He even started a sing along to Whitney Houston’s I Want to Dance with Somebody. Simply
perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment