One of my favorite things about D.C. in the fall is all of the festivals. It seems like every neighborhood has one. You line the streets with local vendors, crafts, food and drink, and coupled with the mostly amazing fall weather, it turns into a perfect little weekend day. However most of these festivals are on Saturdays, when Zach is now in school all day. As the festival season begins to wind down, I saw the perfect one that we could go to - Taste of D.C.
Taste of D.C. takes up three blocks on Pennsylvania Avenue. The iconic Willard Hotel can be seen to the North and the Capitol is to the South (or reverse that, honestly I can't do directions). 60 Restaurants and 50 beer/wineries set up booths along the street, and there are a few stages for music/food-eating contests. I think Zach wasn't really feeling the idea of going, just trying to be the good husband, but once he had his first mini sloppy joe, he was a happy duckling haha. We sampled sloppy joes, pork belly, pizza, and ice cream cookie sandwhiches. Zach also sampled three different ways to eat nutella (waffle, crepe, cookie). I also signed up for a car share service for those times when the metro just won't cut it. Basically we pigged out, but I am going to say it was to experience a part of D.C. we haven't before ... that works right?
P.S.com - sometimes I think I should just quit my job and open up a food truck. Happy weekend everyone!




This looks so fun!!! I wish Fort Worth had more outside festivals!
ReplyDeleteYou might not have a lot, but DC certainly doesn't have anything close to the Cowboy Gathering, Western Swing Fest: http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/headlines/20130829-10-can-t-miss-fall-festivals-coming-up-in-dallas-fort-worth.ece?ssimg=1169262#ssTop1169280
ReplyDelete