Today we have been living in D.C. for three weeks now. While I was a little sad to leave our beautiful, first apartment as a married couple, home, I am so glad we made the move.
The space issue has really not been that big of a deal. It kind of forces you to pick up after your self, or else the studio would turn into a hot mess really quickly. We got the ultra thin velvet hangers that were a life saving, space saver for our ONE closet. Our place is sort of like a very homey hotel room.
In Bethesda we did the same run every morning. Now we have three or four routes in the morning rotation. Instead of passing deer, we are passing the metro stations, Chinatown and the White House. One morning I passed a Go-Go dancer, a woman carrying a fishing net, and the Capitol that was backlit with a stunning morning sunrise.
Being in the middle of everything helps Zach and I deviate from settling into a normal routine. Instead of just parking it in front of the TV all tonight, we mix in walks or go for ice cream. We can walk to Lauriol for goodness sake! I probably should spend more time on doing homework, but whats a girl to do?
Now who wants to come visit?

I do!!!!
ReplyDelete